- Follow the pattern in charted and written form
- How to read your knitting
- How to fix your mistakes
- How to TINK - knit backwards
- Where and how to use a lifeline
- The best cast ons and cast offs
- How to block and finish your lace project.
This is an online workshop and will take place on Saturday the 8th of May between 2.30pm and 5.30pm Irish time.
About Pauline and The Knitting Class:
Pauline Gallagher created The Knitting Class in response to the economic crash of 2008 and facilitated classes, workshops, retreats and demonstrations of hand knitting in Ireland until March 2020 when all activities moved online. She now teaches knitting classes, workshops and 1-to-1 knitting clinics through the medium of zoom.
In this comprehensive beginner lace class, Pauline will demystify lace knitting and give you the tools you need to try your first lace project.
You will explore the difference between lace knitting and knitted lace. You will learn suitable cast on and cast off methods along with basic lace stitches, how to read a chart, how to read your knitting and correct mistakes.
Pauline will also take you through lifelines and how to use them, how to TINK (knit backwards) and finally how to block lace for a beautiful finish.
Written notes and a complimentary pattern provided to practice your new found skills.
- 1 skein of ‘Darnie’ By Studio Donegal (or similar 4ply yarn)
- 4mm needles
- Approximately 1 metre of embroidery thread or smooth cotton yarn
- Stitch markers or a length of contrasting yarn to make your own
Suitable for knitters who are comfortable with basic knitting techniques.