The Beginner Blanket by Trine Bertelsen is a very simple knitting pattern using garter stitch as well as a simple stitch pattern of yarn overs and knitting 3 stitches together. The pattern may look advanced but is actually very easy to knit! Our kits include CaMaRose's Økologisk Hverdagsuld, a 100% organic everyday wool that is light yet hardwearing. The pattern includes both a charted and a written pattern. This blanket can be knit using multiple colours with a contrasting stripe or in a single colour with a contrasting stripe.
- Yarn required to knit either a Baby or Junior sized multicolour blanket
- A physical copy of the Beginner Blanket pattern by Trine Bertelsen
Kit requires but does not include:
- 4.0mm (US 6) and 5.0mm (US 8) circular knitting needles in 100 cm length
Finished measurements after wash and blocking:
Baby blanket: Approx. 73 x 96 cm
Junior blanket: Approx. 92 x 128 cm
- Approx. 20 sts x 24 rows = 10 x 10 cm on size 4 mm.
- The pattern repeat from the chart is approx. 4 cm high and 6 cm wide.
Shades of Økologisk Hverdagsuld Included in Kit:
- Kit (06) x 2
- Mork Lila (41) x 1
- Mellemgrå (07) x 1
- Blagron (28) x 1
- Mintblå (50) x 1
- Lys okker (35) x 1
- Mørk okker (37) x 1
- Koral (15) x 1
- Fersken (12) x 1
- Note: Yarn for completing a gauge swatch is included in this yarn requirement
Please note that shades 52 Ocean and 47 Muldvarp have been substituted for shades 28 Blagron and 41 Mork Lila