From the Finnish knitwear designer Suvi Simola, Noux is a circular yoke sweater that is worked seamlessly from top down. The neck ribbing and a couple of increase rounds are worked first, followed by the beautiful stranded section.
After that, some raglan shaping and short rows are added to ensure a better fit. Sleeves are then placed on hold and the body is worked toward the hem, adding a bit of A-shaping. The sleeve stitches are then placed on the needles again and worked in the round toward the cuffs. The pattern includes a photo tutorial for German short rows.
Please note that the stranded pattern is charted only.
- The required number of skeins of Studio Donegal Darnie yarn for the size selected
- A copy of the Noux pattern by Suvi Simola
XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
Bust circumference of the finished sweater: 31 ¾ (36, 39 ¾, 43 ¾, 48, 52 ¼)” / 79 (90, 99.5, 109.5, 120, 130.5) cm
To fit bust: 28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48)” / 70 (80, 90, 100, 110, 120) cm
The sweater is designed to be worn with approximately 4”/ 10 cm of positive ease.
Fingering weight yarn that gives you the gauge, approximately:
- 1085 (1210, 1368, 1502, 1669, 1820) yds / 991 (1105, 1249, 1371, 1523, 1661) m in MC
- 376 (412, 435, 477, 503, 539) yds / 344 (376, 397, 435, 459, 492) m in CC
- Dark Grey (MC) and Gold (CC)
- Teal (MC) and Light Grey (CC)
- Red (MC) and Cream (CC)
- Oatmeal (MC) and Cream (CC)
Also required but NOT included:
Photos © Suvi Simola
- 5 stitch markers
- Row counter
- Waste yarn
- Tapestry needle
- 3.5mm Circular Needles in 40cm and 80cm lengths, plus your choice of 3.5mm needles for knitting sleeves in the round (DPN or long circular for Magic Loop Technique)
- 3.25mm Circular Needles in 40cm and 80cm lengths, plus your choice of 3.25mm needles for knitting sleeve ribbing in the round (DPN or long circular for Magic Loop Technique)